Our website at bakeryboxx.co.uk is an ecommerce website that sells bespoke made-to-order home baked goods which are aimed at personal and business customers. This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
BakeryBoxx is the data controller responsible for this website and any handling of personal data carried out by or on behalf of BakeryBoxx. You can contact the data controller on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Data Which We Collect
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Identity Data includes title, first name, last name, username or similar identifier and an encrypted version of your login/password. If you interact with us through social media (such as facebook or instagram(, this may include your social media user name.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, preferences and feedback,.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving direct marketing from BakeryBoxx and your communication preferences.
Remember, if you do not provide us with information or allow us to contact you we might not be able to provide the products and services you’ve asked for
How We Collect Your Information
Bakeryboxx can only collect data your provide to us. We collect data via web forms on this website or when you correspond with us, such as:
- newsletter signup
- register for an account on this website
- order our products or services
- contacting us to make enquiries or request information be sent to you
- engage with us on social media
- leave comments or reviews
By entering your information you are agreeing to all our terms and conditions and policies.
We also collect some statistical data using non-essential cookies to help us identify such things as, what countries visitors come from, most popular webpages, most popular products etc.
BakeryBoxx complies with the Data Protection laws in the United Kingdom. We take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to and use of your personal data. We will never sell or share your information with third-parties (unless legally required) for marketing purposes.
How We Use Your Data?
Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. For example, when you purchase our products, that’s a contract. We collect information required to process orders on this website. We need to collect data on the person/company placing the order, the person/company paying for the order and the person/company receiving the order. In most cases this is (but not limited to) Names, Addresses, Email Address, IP address and Order information.
Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. For example, keeping records of our sales for tax compliance.
- We may from time to time use your information to contact you with marketing emails etc, but only if you have chosen to opt-in. You can opt-in or opt-out at anytime by updating your preferences in you account or by click the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom for any marketing email you receive.
- We may also use your details to respond to any communication you have send us, such as emails, messages via the contact us form.
- We may also use your information to contact you regarding orders placed and/or orders you are going to receive, to provide updates, communication, answer queries etc.
How Can You Update Your Data?You can manage your data via your account of by contacting us at any time at email@example.com to update or correct the data we hold on you.
How Long We Will Hold Your Data?BakeryBoxx's data retention policy is to review all data held on individuals at least every two years and remove data where we no longer have a legitimate reason to keep it.
Where you have withdrawn your consent for us to use your data for a particular purpose (e.g. unsubscribed from a mailing list) we may retain some of your data for up to two years in order to preserve a record of your consent having been withdrawn.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers for tax purposes. In most cases we will remove you details if you the time since your last order has exceeded six years, or if no order was placed six years since your account was last signed in to.
Do We Share Your Information?We do not share your information with any third parties for marketing purposes.
We sometimes use third party services to process your data. We will always make sure any third parties we use are reputable, secure, and process your data in accordance with your rights under GDPR.
Who's Responsible For The Data We Collect?
Bakeryboxx is a Data Controller under the GDPR. Bakeryboxx’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What rights do you have?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights over your data and its use:
• The right to be informed about what data we are collecting on you and how we will use it
• The right of access - you can ask to see the data we hold on you
• The right to rectification - you can ask that we update or correct your data
• The right to object - you can ask that we stop using your data for a particular purpose
• The right to erasure - you can ask us to delete the data we hold on you
• The right to restrict processing - you can ask that we temporarily stop using your data while the reason for its use or its accuracy are investigated
• Though unlikely to apply to the data we hold and process on you, you also have rights related to portability and automated decision making (including profiling)
All requests related to your rights should be made to the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. We will respond within one month.
You can find out more about your rights on the Information Commission’s Office website
What Will We Do If Anything Changes?If we make changes to our privacy statements or processes we will post the changes here. Where the changes are significant, we may also choose to email individuals affected with the new details. Where required by law, will we ask for your consent to continue processing your data after these changes are made.
Cookies are simply small files that contain only text, that are saved to you computer or device. There are different types of cookies used on this website:
These cookies are essential to this website and without them the website would not function as an e-commerce. These cookies simply allow the website to securely link your computer or device to our server so that you can use essential features such as the shopping basket, checkout, login and account panels. In fact every e-commerce on the internet works in this way as it the only secure way to provide such features.
Non Essential Cookies
These cookies are not required to make this website function but may be used to monitor the performance of this website or used to help us debug any problems you encounter with this website. This information helps us improve this websites stability and improve you shopping experience.
We also may track IP address, which are numbers that can identify an the Internet Service Provider and rough location of visitors. It cannot, in any way. provide any personal information. We simply use this information to tell us how many visitors we have had in a period and what countries our customer come from, to help us improve our offerings.
You are not obliged to accept cookie from this or any other website. You can choose to configure your web browser to not accept cookies, or control their use.
You can manually delete existing cookies, individually or en mass at any time and/or set your browser to not accept cookies at all. If you do choose to no accept cookies you need to be aware that many website will not function correctly or at all.
It is also possible to configure your browser to prompt you, and get your permission before a cookie is set. This gives you ultimate control but slows down you browsing and impacts negatively on your browsing experience. If you also decline a specific cookie a website may work incorrectly or not at all.
In order to manage your cookies, please select your browser from the list below and follow the instructions:
If you want more information on cookies click here.
Links to Other Websites
By using this Website you consent to our collection and use of Personal Information as stated above. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time and any change will appear on this page. By containing to use this website you will be agree to any such changes.